- 14 Units
2130 NW 31st Ave
Gainesville, FL 32605
- VeteransWe offer a flexible continuum of housing and supportive services to individual veterans and veterans with families.
- Equal Housing Opportunity
- Handicap accessible
- Partnership for Sustainable Communities
The Gainesville GPD program provides transitional housing and supportive services to homeless Veterans to stabilize and prepare them for a life of independence. Program fees are based on income. Veterans are able to stay in the program for up to two years. Volunteers of America of Florida is a 501c3 nonprofit with results-driven programming which is measured through outcomes. 100% of all participants are involved in both meaningful and volunteer activities as constituted by Program Outcomes.
- Case Management
- Individual and Group Psychotherapy
- Development and follow-up with Individual Life Plan
- In-service and post-service referrals
- Therapeutic treatment for Veterans recovering from substance disorders
- Infra-Low Frequency Neurofeedback
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy
- Must be a male, 18 years or older
- Must be a Veteran with General, Other, or Honorable Discharge
- Must be homeless or in danger of becoming homeless
- Remain clean and sober
- Be involved in meaningful activities and volunteer in the community
- Attend all medical and behavioral health appointments
- If applicable, pay program fee monthly.
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
How to Apply
Each Volunteers of America property has its own leasing office and its own application process.
Please contact each property directly if you or someone you know is interested in applying for an affordable apartment in one of our communities. The property staff can answer your questions regarding apartment availability, rent, income requirements or restrictions and how to obtain an application to apply for housing.