Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program (SSVF)
- Contact: Casey Boone, North Florida SSVF Lead Program Specialist
- Phone: (352) 260-1374
111 NE 12th Avenue
Ocala, FL 34470
Ocala SSVF provides temporary and supportive services for Veterans and Veteran families with low or no income. The goal of the program is to promote housing stability through assistance and support services to homeless persons or those at risk of homelessness.
Qualifications for this Program
- Must be a Veteran who was discharged under conditions other than dishonorable.
- Must be homeless or in danger of becoming homeless
- Meet income guidelines where individuals/households earn no more than 50% Area Median Income.
Requirements to Stay in the Program
- Program participants should work with a Volunteers of America of Florida SSVF staff member to establish & accomplish goals on Housing Stability Plan.
- Case Management
- Rental and security deposit assistance
- Utility deposit and payment assistance
- Assistance with applying for Veterans Affairs and other mainstream benefits
- Assistance with budgeting
U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)