The Independence Place program provides permanent housing and supportive services to individuals with severe and persistent mental illness to stabilize and prepare them for a life of independence. Program fees are based on income. Volunteers of America of Florida is a 501c3 nonprofit with results-driven programming which is measured through outcomes. 90% of all participants successfully transition to independent housing.
- Case Management
- Individual and Group Psychotherapy
- Development and follow-up with Individual Life Plan
- In-service and post-service referrals
- Therapeutic treatment for Veterans recovering from substance disorders
- Aftercare services
- Family engagement and education
- Monthly events
- Complimentary laundry facilities on site
- 18 years or older male nad female individuals
- Must be diagnosed with a severe and persistent psychiatric disability
- Must self-administer medication
- Remain clean and sober
- Motivated to interact in the community through volunteer work, employment, or pursuing educational opportunities.
- Attend all medical and behavioral health appointments
- If applicable, pay program fee monthly.
- Lutheran Services Florida (https://www.lsfnet.org/)
- Please click here for the Jacksonville programs’ Hard of Hearing Auxiliary Aids Plan.
How to Apply
Each Volunteers of America property has its own leasing office and its own application process.
Please contact each property directly if you or someone you know is interested in applying for an affordable apartment in one of our communities. The property staff can answer your questions regarding apartment availability, rent, income requirements or restrictions and how to obtain an application to apply for housing.