The Arbor Place Supportive Housing Program provides housing and supportive services to homeless individuals and/or families with severe and persistent mental illness to stabilize and prepare them for a life of independence. Volunteers of America of Florida is a 501c3 nonprofit with results-driven programming which are measured through Outcomes. 100% of the participants are involved in both meaningful and volunteer activities as constituted by the Program Outcomes.
Arbor Place Hillsborough Supportive Housing Program
- Case management
- Independent living skills
- Safety, social, and empowerment skills
- Crisis intervention stabilization and support
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Development and follow-up with Individual Life Plan
- Accepts 18 years or older male and/or female individuals and/or families.
- Must be diagnosed with a severe and persistent psychiatric disability.
- Must self-administer medication.
- Remain clean and sober
- Motivated to interact in the community through volunteer work, employment, or pursuing educational opportunities.
- Attend all medical and behavioral health appointments
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
How to Apply
Each Volunteers of America property has its own leasing office and its own application process.
Please contact each property directly if you or someone you know is interested in applying for an affordable apartment in one of our communities. The property staff can answer your questions regarding apartment availability, rent, income requirements or restrictions and how to obtain an application to apply for housing.